Does anyone sell products that must calculate & collect Sales Tax?

Hi,
Has anyone had to do this? Is this possible in 7.6? I want to look at all my options for collecting this tax. Thank you all!
Susan

Susan,
EthosCE uses a module called Ubercart for the shopping cart, and this module has been used for regular commerce sites all over the world, so it is capable of tax calculations. We do not enable the sales tax features within Ubercart by default so if you wanted to use it, we could enable it for your site. We’d suggest you do some extensive testing before putting it into production. Tracking state and local tax rates is not automatic, so it would require some manual setup and management for accurate tax calculations.

I hope this helps.
Joel

Is there a fee for this?

Paula Booker, MSN, RN
Manager, Support Services (CSL) | BAYADA Home Health Care
2 Executive Drive, Suite 12, Moorestown, NJ 08057
O: 856-778-5300 | Cisco Ext: 003013 | Fax 856-778-7411 | bayada.com

We’d consider this a new feature that would need to be evaluated for community interest. If there was substantial interest, then we’d pass it to the dev team to determine the effort for configuration, documentation, and possible training. So pricing, if any, is hard to determine at this point.

That would be interesting to see. Could we have it put on our Test site to play with it while you determine the cost?

Susan

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.