Codes for Closed Learning Groups

Good afternoon. I wanted to find out if it would be possible to provide users with a “code” that would allow them to join a closed Learning Group. We are seeing some use cases where we need to have a closed Learning Group, but we want to avoid the inconvenience of having to manually add all the users. Instead, we would like to ask customers to use a code distributed through various channels (such as a mailing list) to grant them entry into a specified closed Learning Group or Groups. Please let me know if this is feasible. I am happy to discuss further, and would also like to hear if this would be of use to others.

All the best,

Tim Poe

Tim, I now have a similar need. My thought is to set a prerequisite on a course. This could be either a keyword, payment. Any course in the learning group could use completion of the starter course as a prerequisite. I’d then like to either use the api or webhook to add the learner to the closed learning group. It would be great to have a rule that could fire and add the learner to a group. I think some of this is the enrollment module, but we probably get most of our needs met with the learning group. -Dave