EthosCE Support for Early TLS Ending June 12, 2018

Dear EthosCE customers,

As you may be aware, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements state that all payment systems must disable early TLS by June 30, 2018. TLS is a standard for securing internet communications.

EthosCE already connects to payment systems using TLS 1.2, the latest TLS standard.

And although EthosCE is not a payment system, we are also disabling support for early TLS in our cloud environment as of June 12, 2018 as a best practice. When that happens, we will no longer accept incoming connections to EthosCE using TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1. This means that other systems will only be able to connect to EthosCE if they use TLS 1.2.

If you have any integrations that connect to EthosCE, they should be tested to ensure they will work with TLS 1.2. You are able to test any integrations you may have in your EthosCE cloud test environment.

TLS 1.2 is supported by all major browsers.

Q & A

What is SSL/TLS?
Transport Layer Security (TLS) is a cryptographic protocol used to establish a secure communications channel between two systems. It is used to verify the identity of one or both systems, and protect the confidentiality and integrity of information that passes between them.

Do I need to do anything?
Maybe. Customers without an integration with EthosCE do not have to do anything. If you have an integration that connects to EthosCE, you should check that it works in your test environment.

What if I am using PayPal, Authorize.net, Cybersource?
These integrations will not be affected by this change.

Am I in the cloud environment?
You can check by doing a DNS lookup of your EthosCE URL. If you see “amazonaws.com” anywhere in the response you are in the cloud.

How can I get more information?
Please open a support ticket with any questions and we’ll be glad to help.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.