Best Practices for Multi-Day Conference Setup and Evaluations

Hi community,
We are offering multi-day conferences with several sessions with one single course enrollment. We’ve setup one evaluation form (required activity) for the entire conference and allowed the learners to select the days that they have attended. The webform has conditions that will display the appropriate sessions, based on selected days. The learner is encouraged to save the webform in draft mode, until all sessions are complete. We are seeking suggestions on alternatives and best practices on how the community sets up multi-day conferences and evaluations. Parent - Child could be one process, but we’d love to hear of others.

Thanks for any insights. -Dave Kaye, Children’s Hospital Colorado

Hi @davekaye,

Have you checked out our Credit Calculator course object? It sounds like this might be an applicable use case.

I have a demo video published from our 7.45 Release Notes. Let me know if the AgendaLab + Credit Calculator tool may be of interest to enable on your site.

Sincerely,
Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott! Is this an additional feature we need to subscribe to or do we only need to request for it to be added to our platforms? We’d love to use the Credit Calculator and Agenda Lab but don’t see the option.

Agree, we have a conference coming in October with breakout sessions that would benefit from this.

Please clarify if we need to ask or automatically added.

Thanks

~WRD000.jpg

@Scott.Kuchinski, I noticed the Agenda Lab feature is in beta. Would love to activate this on our build.

Scott,

The Agenda Lab + Credit Calculator is great! Can we integrate the attendance-by-text feature with the Credit Calculator? Or is it possible to put in a manual step where we upload attendance data before they’re granted credit? Otherwise we’re relying on the attendee’s representation of their attendance, which is not always accurate.

Laurie

Hi @gmartin - This is a completely free feature. Please open up a support ticket and we will enable it on your site.

Sincerely,
Scott

Hi @allizo - We can absolutely enable this for you. Please open up a support ticket and we will enable it on your site.

Sincerely,
Scott

Hi @lisenberg - You are absolutely able to use the attendance course object before the credit calculator course object to check attendance first. Since the credit calculator relies on providing variable credit to the learners, the SMS feature for automatically assigned credit would bypass the credit calculator if you have non-variable credit enabled. Certainly not a blocker to use the credit calculator, but I do want to note this scenario if you are used to awarding non-variable credit with SMS attendance.

Sincerely,
Scott

Scott, I watched the video and it looks pretty neat. I will put in a ticket to activate on our test site. It will probably be more salient, once we can put our hands on it. Is it better for Ethos for us to have this activated after the new release or does it matter?

In the activity builder, can you add course activities, for example an evaluation webform that could be required? Workflow wise, would this be added in a course outline? Thanks, Dave