Attendance at multi-session events

I am trying to use Ethos for all aspects of a multi-session conference that requires attendance at the beginning and end of each session. Attendance is confounding me. Badge scanning or SMS would be lovely.

Is there anyone out there who has done this and would be willing to have a brief phone call with me? Please email me directly at Lisenberg@Lifewest.edu.

I’m grateful for this helpful community.
Laurie Isenberg
Life Chiropractic College West

Hi Laurie - attendance at the beginning and end of each session - well that’s a lot! I haven’t done that exactly, but if I needed to, I would likely do the following… this could work for in person, virtual, or hybrid.

1. Have the conference be the parent, and each session be a child
  2. Use the Attendance object/code for participants to mark attendance at the beginning (SMS or type code right into the object inside the course)
  3. Create a quiz object that they go to at the end of the session. Provide them with the “answer” to the only question in the quiz - another code that they enter into the quiz question.
    To make this easier, you could provide them with the quiz code at each session and just tell them to make sure they write each one down… then when they go in to claim credit (I am making the assumption that they will claim credit themselves) it’s just a step they do before claiming credit.

A bit cumbersome, but it could work…

Any other ideas out there? I’d love to hear them too!

Laurie, let me know if you want to talk further julie.martinelli@wisc.edu

Thank you, Julie. No other responses besides yours.

Have a great day,
Laurie

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.