Enhancement Request - Modify Register and Register/Take Course to Continue/Access for Enrolled Learners

If a learners is already enrolled in a course, it would be desirable to change or toggle the button text and tab text of Register/Take Course to Access Course or a call to action that cues the learner that they are entering the course and that they’ve already enrolled. We think that this suggestion would lessen the confusion for learners that are already enrolled in a course and are revisiting the course.

-Dave Kaye
Children’s Hospital Colorado

I would very much vote for this - but seems that I have run out of votes over the years :slight_smile:

Susan Benysh, Mayo Clinic

Very much agree with this - our learners experience confusion, especially after live webinars where they’ve technically attended the webinar but haven’t yet completed the course evaluation. “Take Course” is not appropriate in that situation.

Yes, definitely! We asked for this change when we onboarded and couldn’t provide the solution.

Ditto here. We experience the same user confusion with the current language on that tab.

Hi All
I agree with changing that button text to say access course

I agree. This would be a great usability update. :slight_smile:

The access course option would be great! We have many learners that are confused by the take course button as some of courses (conferences) do not contain traditional learning content, they are for registration, evaluation, credit, and, certificates only.

1 Like

I agree! This is also a learning curve for our learners, we’ve had to add buttons to our RSS activities that say “Launch Surveys” because so many people would ask us why they have to “Take a Course” when they already attended the live sessions.

I love reading this discussion with so many contributors! Thank you all for your feedback. Comments about your unique situations such as ‘courses’ without traditional learning content are particularly helpful. We have plans to address this in a future update.

Ellery
(EthosCE UX Designer)

We did a few string overrides to accomplish this.
Administration > Configuration > Regional and language > String overrides

Register/Take Course - we changed to “Register/Enroll”
Take course - we changed to “Begin” although I think I like “Access Course” better!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 270 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.