LIVE Video Streaming

How do you currently offer live webinars?

We are considering provide access to a live video stream of a full day symposium for a fee.

Do you have any preferred vendors? Any vendors that currently interface well with ETHOS?

Recommendations?

Thank you!

Currently, EthosCE has a direct interface with GoToWebinar only. We use GTW, so it was a good choice for us to start running our Virtual Journal Club through Ethos. We haven’t done any extended live streaming, but the webinars have all worked out really well. It’s nice for attendees to be able to claim their credits right away when the webinar is over.

We use GTW as well. @gradecki do you have any specific language you use to direct people after the webinar is over to go back into ethos for claiming credits? We’ve been testing and GTW opens in another window and then our users will need to close that window and continue within the course— vetted language that makes sense for users would be amazingly helpful!

Danielle

Ours opens in the same window and we use the following instructions page (people actually read it, for the most part, which is a shocker). We have it set up with bullet points, but they didn’t translate:

Please read the instructions, below, regarding completion of this activity:

To view the webinar you must first review these instructions and click the ‘Next’ button at the bottom of the page to be taken to the webinar page.

When entering the webinar, choose one of the following audio options:

TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
    When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

-OR-

TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
    If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below:
        United States: (914) 614-3221
        Access Code: 157-683-410
        Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar

After participating in the webinar, click your browser’s back arrow to return to the webinar information page.

There is a short wait for attendance to be recorded. About 15 minutes after the 8:30 pm Central end time (8:45 pm) you should be able to proceed past the webinar page to complete the evaluation and credit claiming steps.

Click the "Next" button at the bottom of the Webinar information page.

Complete the short evaluation form.

Claim your credit and print and/or save a CME certificate for your records, if needed.

To enter the activity, please click ‘Continue’ or ‘Resume.’

Please note:
To claim credits and print a certificate, you must complete all components of the activity IN ORDER. The credit claiming system does not record credits if mandatory steps are skipped.

I have no idea why the sliders are there. It’s just wrapped text in the real version!

We are just starting to use Go To Webinar for RSS’s. Going through Ethos is working great so far, but I am having one set up issue and was wondering if anyone can help. The course closes an hour before the webinar starts. I cannot seem to keep it open. Our goal was to be able to have people join up to the last minute. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

You can set the site-wide closing time setting at YOURSITE/admin/config/people/signup. Put the value you want in the “Close x hours before” field.

If you want to registration open past the start time, just use a negative number.

Thank you!–just what I needed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.