Participation/Enrollment

Has anyone else experienced participation/enrollment information not fully aligning with transmitting over to JAPARS?

More specifically would there be a reason that the batch uploaded list does not appropriately calculate within Ethos? Why is it that the appropriate participant counts are not appearing within JAPARS when transmitted by Ethos?

I believe that the batch upload only enrolls people who already have accounts. So if you have participants who don’t yet have accounts, they won’t be included in the counts Ethos sends to JA PARs. Just a guess.

1 Like

It’s my understanding that batch uploads/imports DO count in JAPARS - but you need to make sure that these two Fields are accurately completed in the course record import spreadsheet: enrollment_start (xx/xx/xxxx) and participant_category (and entries for this need to be written out exactly to work. for example, “physicians” will not work, “physician” will)

1 Like

We tested this on the first year we started using Ethos as we had a lot of batch uploads, and we can say it did take accurate count as long as courses were structured correctly, and as long as the import entry was complete with the participant category/enrollment start date. RSS worked very straightforwardly but courses can get tricky.

If you have course relationships enabled, are reporting from the parent course, and participants are able to enroll in the child courses directly, it won’t count those participants in the report (from what I understand, not sure if it works like this for everyone).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.