Viewing whether a course is complete from outside the course

It would be ideal if users could see from outside of the course whether they’ve completed it already. Currently, when they’re browsing a course catalog or looking at a parent/child relationship, there’s currently no indication of whether they’ve finished it (only that they’re enrolled, in the case of parent/child relationships). They have to click into the course, see that they finished all required course objects or go to their Completed Activities.

We enroll some users in large batches of courses structured by parent/child relationships, and users have told us they find it hard to navigate the list if they can’t tell whether they finished that course when they view the curriculum.

We’d like there to be a check mark next to the course name or new column to indicate whether the course has been completed. Based off our users’ feedback, this would improve their navigation experience for our curricula. It would also make it worthwhile for frequent users to scroll through the course catalog to find courses they haven’t taken yet

I agree. We have one parent-child situation where it’s difficult to tell from the Completed Activities which ones are finished, because the titles don’t really indicate that the children are from the overall parent activity. So an end user can’t go into their transcript and say with any degree of confidence, “I’ve completed all the asthma courses from the Virtual Annual Meeting, so I’ll move on to Immunodeficiency.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

An enhanced course status indicated was added in EthosCE 7.8. The following statuses are shown on course relationship pages:

• Available - Course is available for enrollement.
  • In cart - course is in the user’s cart.
  • Enrolled - User is enrolled.
  • Complete - Course is complete
  • In progress - Course is in progress
  • Locked - Locked, user can click for more details
  • Pending - Course is not yet open
  • Expired- Course is closed

We’ll keep the request for course status on the catalog in our backlog for future consideration.