Analyze Activity Application Data in EthosAnalytics

There doesn’t seem to be a way to analyze responses to our Activity Application in bulk the way we can for other webforms. Can this feature be added, or if it’s already implemented, can you please explain where the variable is in Looker?

@jasmineadams we currently do not have any reports on activity applications. That data set is not included in the data warehouse that powers Analytics. This has come up a few times and is something we currently have on our list to investigate what it would take to bring that data set in and what types of reports should be offered with that data. Would you be willing to share what data points you would be looking for in a report?

We would like to have the data for the applications in advanced analytics. There are a lot of questions we could answer with just the basic data available. When are applications submitted? How long does it take us to assign? How long until it is built? How does that look by team member they are assigned to?

Chuck

Hi Jennifer,

I’m not sure if my needs are generalizable since we have the EthosCE Analytics Self-Service Add-On and would primarily like to explore the results of custom and standard application questions and metadata through customized reports. To that end, it would be great if each question were a variable where the data points are the question responses–like with user profile fields and course fields–as opposed to having a ‘question’ variable where the data are the webform questions and question responses have to be captured through a separate ‘response’ variable, like with normal webforms. Metadata variables would also be useful, like for applicant profile information, but also application activity, like how long do they spend on it (or start and finish time) and whether they upload a file for a particular file field and, if so, how many files.

In terms of what could be useful for a global report, my organization manually updates a report outside of Ethos to track the number of applications submitted each month, so a report for that could be useful.