Asynchronous Live session

After completing a series of SCORM/TinCan course objects, we want the learner to schedule a one-on-one live session to demonstrate the new skills to an expert. Then to complete the Webform (a learning and feedback form), obtain credit, and get the certificate.
The expert is the gatekeeper and must allow the learner to continue to the Webform. How can this be best accomplished? Can the expert provide a code that will allow the learner to advance in the course? Or is there some other way to accomplish this?

We have used the “manual step” object – no one can get past this until the person in charge marks that object as complete.

Another option would be to create a “quiz” with a short answer – and the person in charge gives the “right answer/code” for the learner to fill in and pass the “test” to move on. Of course, this correct answer could be shared. But, if you are not worried about that, then this would be a good hands-off option.

This sounds like the perfect scenario to use the attendance object type which will allow you to mark attendance or present the learner with a code they can submit to mark them attended. Here is some documentation about this item though I am sure the community can share how they are using it as well!

https://gocadmium.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ECE/pages/5832741/Attendance

1 Like

Jennifer - you beat me to the answer!

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions.

I decided to try the Manual Step course object. The learner is instructed at the end of the last module to call a number and schedule a 20-minute Zoom session. This message appears: “Your instructor has not given you a pass/fail grade yet.”
The instructor is not in our office and is not familiar with EthosCE. Do I need to make the instructor an Administrator and train her in navigating the site?
It’s not clear to me what happens from here.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.