Submitting multiple specialty board MOC programs

When I attempt to submit a PARS MOC record for multiple specialty board MOC programs I get an error.

Cannot save 2017 PARS activity for ACTIVITY NAME. Error code 457: Line 1, Field node3765: Invalid data value/format for mem:ActivityDescription/lom:lom/hx:healthcareMetadata/hx:healthcareEducation/hx:targetAudience/hx:specialty: "Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism" is an invalid specialty on this activity for MOC credit

Why is that?

I discussed this with Ed Kennedy at ACCME, the director of information and technology. Here is what he said:

It’s not possible to register an activity for multiple specialty board MOC programs by submitting a single record through the PARS web service. A separate activity record needs to be sent for each specialty board MOC program beyond the first. The first record would be an “add” record, and the subsequent boards would be registered by sending “update” activity records.

PARS may add support for registering an activity for multiple MOC programs with one record submission in the future, but we do not have a timeline for implementing this change.

I think the workaround for this is to create the activity manually in PARS first.