Return Application for Edits

To piggyback off of this thread, is there a way - or can a feature be added - to delete and/or archive unused applications? It seems that the current functionality of the Activity Applications page is that it just continues to grow as one long list with no real filtering options other than sorting by title, etc? I find that in occasions where work plans change or courses do not occur, it can be quite frustrating to have draft applications cluttering up an already long list. I’ve started to add a pre-fix of “DO NOT USE” to the titles in these instances, but I feel that there should be an option to delete courses/activities if there is no intention of using them.

If I’m incorrect and this option already exists, please send along guidance :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, there is an archive option. Here is a link to the documentation.

Does this send an email to the person who created the application? They don’t need to know that it has been archived. It will only confuse them.

No, it does not send email notification (unless saving also sets it to approved or rejected).

Ok. I just archived a bunch of 2019 applications that had been approved last year. I am now getting calls from people asking why they are receiving emails for application approvals.
Did I miss something?

@MarionTalbot We’ll have a look and see. That should not be happening, so it may be a defect.

Hi Marion,

I can confirm if the activity is archived with a status of approved, then emails are going out, which shouldn’t be happening. We’ll have a fix out for that in our next release.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Ezra

Thanks, Ezra. This is not urgent, but would be helpful to clear the clutter. Will you let me know when I can try again?

Returning applications for edits is now supported in EthosCE 7.31.

We have also updated the functionality so that emails will not be sent if the status has not changed. This would apply for archiving or other edits.

This topic was automatically closed 270 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.