Tracking special topics or credit hour designations on course credit

Hi all,

We are working on a feature that would allow for tagging course credits with a topic designation that could be tracked by the user in their transcript and reported to boards. ACCME is rolling out a pilot program that will automatically report learner activities to state medical boards, including such special topics.

For example, here in Pennsylvania physician are required to complete at least 12 hours of education on the topic of patient safety or risk management. Or in California, most physicians are required to take 12 hours of CME on pain management and the appropriate care and treatment of the terminally ill.

In nursing for example, APRNs must complete 25 CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics as part of the 75 CE hours requirement.

We want to make sure we implement this feature in a flexible way to meet the needs of all provider types and states. If you are interested in providing input to such a feature, I’d love to hear from you. Please message me here or contact us through the support desk.

Thank you!

We’ve created different credit types to help our clinicians count those special categories here in California. It’s a bit messier on our transcripts, so if there’s a way to make it so that our learners don’t have to claim all the different categories of credit separately, then I’m in!

This would be especially helpful for ACPE credit, as a conference for example may have multiple topics - so currently we’d have to make the conference into multiple courses to accommodate multiple topic areas. Wondering how this would work with reporting ACPE credit though. If JAPARS would also work the same way then I’m all for it!

Yes! In chiropractic we have the same issue.

Laurie Isenberg

Director of Postgraduate & Continuing Education

Life Chiropractic College West

P +1 (510) 780-4500 ext 2030

E lisenberg@lifewest.edu